According to the law no.5683 on residence and travels of foreigners in Turkey, the foreigners who are assumed contrary to security, political and administrative requirements of society are invited to leave Turkey in the duration granted to them. Those who fail to leave country in this period may be deported.
Ministry of Internal Affairs is responsible for deportation transactions. Resolution for deportation is informed either to person himself/herself or his/her lawyer. If the person to be deported has no lawyer, information is given this person about objection conditions to resolution of deportation.
Who are deported?
- Those who are sentenced to imprisonment for two years or more due to crime committed,
- Manager, member, supporter of terrorist organization or manager, member or supporter of crime organization for the purpose of generating monetary profit,
- Those who use unrealistic knowledge and forged document for the transactions related to entry to Turkey, visa and resident permits
- Those who earn a livelihood from illegal ways in time passed in Turkey,
- Those who form threat in terms of public order, public security or public health,
- Those whose visa or visa exemption period is exceeded more than 10 days or visa is cancelled,
- Those whose residence permits are cancelled,
- Those who violate residence permit more than 10 days without having any acceptable reason from end of residence permit duration,
- Those who are determined to have worked without work permit,
- Those who violate provisions respective to legal entry to or legal exit from Turkey
- Those who are detected to have arrived in Turkey in spite of presence of entry prohibition to Turkey about them,
- Those whose international protection application is rejected, excluded from international protection, application is evaluated unacceptable,
- Out of those whose extension application for residence permit is ruled out, those who could not leave Turkey in 10 days,
- About the persons who have the status of international protection or applicant, only in case there exists indications about creating danger for security of country or they are sentenced finally from a crime which occur danger in terms of public order, deportation resolution may be taken.
Who is prohibited from entering Turkey?
According to article 8 of the Passport Law no. 5682, the persons stated below are banned from entering Turkey.
- Dawdlers and beggars,
- Disabled with insanity or contagious disease (out of persons having such condition, those who not will jeopardise general health and order, be treated under guardianship of their legal custodians or guardians or come for sick leave may be exempted from this provision)
- Those are accused of or sentenced from one of the crimes assumed as basis to return with agreements or treaties for return of culprits to which Republic of Turkey is a member,
- Those who have been deported from Turkey and their re-entry is not allowed,
- Those who are detected to have arrived with the aim of help or join to those want to break or break security and general order to Turkey or with the purpose of breaking security and general order of Republic of Turkey,
- Those who make love for money and those who acquire directing women to prostitution as a profession, those who make white slave traffic and all kinds of smugglers,
- Persons who have no money enough to live throughout the duration they declare and to return back, fails to prove they have persons to protect them in Turkey or not to engage any job restricted with law together with foreigners in Turkey” are prohibited from entering the country.
Reasons for not to be allowed to enter in Turkey
According to Immigration Report of Turkey, permit to enter in Turkey was not given to total 18.124 foreigners in 2016.
Let us look at rejection reasons of foreigners:
Entry Prohibition: 7399 — % 40
Visa-free Travel: 4300 — %24
Invalid Certificate: 2491 — %14
Forgery: 1369 — % 7
Breach of visa: 909 — %5
Other reasons: 1826 — %10